Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH impleme

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH implementations
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:43:49 +0100

   Now, we should try to detect which implementation is available at
   *compile-time*, and/or add a `configure' option, and default to
   that implementation.  The problem is that I don't know
   `package-framework', and I really don't get where/how it determined
   its `cfg__ssh' variable.

cfg__ssh gets determined by much hackery.  The package-framework reads
in PLUGIN/options, parses it, adds cfg__ to all the stuff in the
second column, and converts - to _.

If you look at the last few lines in tla/PLUGIN/options, you see:

string   ssh   ssh

That is from wher cfg__ssh comes from.  Now, if lsh is detected,
cfg__ssh_is_lsh is set (which comes from the same file as where the
cfg__ssh variable), same deal for openssh.

Most of the braindamage is done in configure-top.

Yeah, Yeah, I have no flattering words for Tom's package-framework.
Somethings he did right, some things he did horribly wrong. :-)