Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question about bug 8206

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question about bug 8206
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:30:31 -0400

Andy Tai wrote:
Then, Pedro, please go ahead!

Thanks!

On 9/27/06, *Thomas Lord* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I think such a patch would be an improvement.

    -t

Hello,
   Here is what I have so far:

address@hidden:~/tla-archives/tla--command-changes-symbol-definitions--0.1--base-0/build$ ./tla/tla/tla changes -H
report about local changes in a project tree
usage: tla changes [options] [revision] [-- limit...]

 -h, --help        Display a help message and exit.
 -H                Display a verbose help message and exit.
 -V, --version     Display a release identifier string and exit.
 -A, --archive     Override `my-default-archive'.
 -d, --dir DIR     Change to DIR first.
 -o, --output DIR  Save changeset in DIR (implies --keep).
 -v, --verbose     Verbose changeset report.
 -q, --quiet       Suppress progress information
 --diffs           Include diffs in the output.
 -k, --keep        Don't remove the output directory on termination.
 --link            hardlink unchanged files to revision library
 --unescaped       show filenames in unescaped form

* Symbol Definitions:
A/   added directory
D/   deleted directory
/>   renamed directory
-/   directory permissions changed

A    added file
D    deleted file
M    file modified
Mb   binary file modified
--   permissions of file changed
=>   renamed file
fl   file replaced by link
lf   link replaced by file
->   link target changed

. . . .

The main reason I am sending this email is to gather feedback in how this output should look, and what the "section" header string should be (currently "* Symbol Definitions:). It is possible that your mail user agent shows the lines above misaligned. That is not the case in the patch, all lines are column aligned. There is no indentation on the symbols at this time.

Comments are always welcome,
--
Pedro Perez