Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Fwd: Please inform free distro maintainers

From: Aurélien
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Fwd: Please inform free distro maintainers
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:26:18 +0100

"Jason Self" <address@hidden> writes:

> Karl Goetz wrote ..
>> This would mean adding text to a number of images which can't be
>> translated without shipping a new background image per language. I
>> question whether thats really what we should be doing - it feels quite
>> imperialist (to me).
>
> It seems to me that it doesn't (necessarily) need to be a wallpaper although
> it
> could be. It seems that it could also be messages that the installer shows
> while
> running, or a web page that automatically opens the first time they login,
> or...
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Maybe a message at boot time like ::

This distro follow and respect the GNU Philosphy!
Read about it at gnu.org

Should be fine and then gnu.org can make a label usuable for the distro
website and gnu.org too to bring to that page

Like that this label can be used by people too to put it on their own
website ...

--
Aurelien }:=
Fully Free Operating System at GNU.org