Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:02:47 +0200

Well said.

I do like a commercial company such as Purism to
support fully free GNU distribution. That is so
much needed and wanted. And I like that PureOS is
approved.

Yet there is that sense and feeling that it is not
because that group is really dedicated to free
software, my feeling is that they are simply using
the free software as marketing gimick -- which is
then again alright, yet maybe not complete and
integrated dedication to free software. No need to
argue on that please, it is my opinion (not a fact).

It may hurt. Yet, Zlatan, don't take this opinion
as toxic. I am sorry, I do not feel comfortable
with Purism group of people. It is not attracting
me. To me friendliness and dedication to free
software means much. I cannot feel it on Purism
pages. I have tried my best.

Zlatan your way of discussing with people is then
corrected by your director and his public relation
speech. Fine fine, but that is simply not way how
I am used, so it simply does not fit to me.

GNU Guix and GuixSD
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/ would be my
preference, then Trisquel and Gnewsense.

There must be some reason why there are many
topics and posts on Trisquel forum:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum and friendliness
and dedication and welcoming attitude, even if not
the FSDG rule, is for me one major decision
points. So when choosing which distribution to
install on a computer in University in Uganda I
would choose GuixSD or Trisquel.

Jean