Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] feta pk files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] feta pk files
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:11:43 +0200

> The feta pk files are generated in the current directory instead of
> /var/texfonts.
>
> For the text fonts of the 'normal' tex tree font generation works as
> expected, however.
>
> I know there's a FAQ entry concerning this problem, but following the
> instructions there didn't help it.
> (might this answer be inappropriate in the meantime, as it mentions a
> lily version 1.1.40?)

This hasn't changed, since it's up to the tex system to generate
the fonts, Lilypond isn't really involved, except that it provides
the Metafont source files.

Send me the output of
>> kpsewhich feta20.mf

and a copy of the file at the location returned by
>> kpsewhich texmf.cnf

and I'll hopefully be able to help you track down the problem.

> I have compiled lily (version 1.3.84) with enable-kpathsea, but I had
> to configure and compile libkpathsea myself. As I'm in no way a tex/mf
> guru (I wouldn't have written this mail else ;-), I could have done
> something wrong with it.

If you use any of the standard Linux distributions, it should
be possible to download a package with a configured version
of the library.

 /Mats