Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] feta pk files

From: David Ondreka
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] feta pk files
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:59:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

[snip]

> Send me the output of
> >> kpsewhich feta20.mf
/home/daffie/lilypond/share/lilypond/mf/feta20.mf

In addition, here's how I made the link:
>> l /opt/tex/texmf/fonts/source/public/lilypond
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           27 Sep 12 17:39
/opt/tex/texmf/fonts/source/public/lilypond -> lilypond/share/lilypond/mf/

> and a copy of the file at the location returned by
> >> kpsewhich texmf.cnf
appended.

> and I'll hopefully be able to help you track down the problem.
>
> > I have compiled lily (version 1.3.84) with enable-kpathsea, but I had
> > to configure and compile libkpathsea myself. As I'm in no way a tex/mf
> > guru (I wouldn't have written this mail else ;-), I could have done
> > something wrong with it.
>
> If you use any of the standard Linux distributions, it should
> be possible to download a package with a configured version
> of the library.
>
>  /Mats

Well, I do use a standard linux distribution (SUSE 6.4), but not it's tex
system, because when I wrote my master's thesis I decided to install the
same tex setup at home which I'm forced to use at university, and that's
not teTeX but a distribution named 'tex live', and this doesn't come with
a precompiled libkpathsea :(
But if this can give you any hints, here's how I configured the
kpathsea package:
>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/tex/texmf --datadir=/opt/tex
--bindir=/opt/tex/bin/i386-linux/

where in chosing prefix I followed the INSTALL file and bindir is the
location of binaries of my tex distribution (bindir's not in PATH, though,
instead I just link them to /usr/local/bin).

Thanks for your help,

David

David Ondreka <address@hidden>