Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:47:01 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden writes:
> >From my experience with this mailing list it happens rather frequently
> that such useful answers end up in the depths of the mailing list archive,
> where it's after all very hard to find them. Wouldn't it be a good idea to
> collect such documentation fragments (that's what they really are, IMO)
> into a single location, something like a FAQ, and distribute it with the
> lily source, at least as long as the lily documentation remains in an
> incomplete state.

There is a FAQ (see
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/out-www/faq.html),
but it is in the lilypond package itself, and no-one in particular is
responsible for it, which means that it is essentially
unmaintained. If someone wants to take over maintenance of the FAQ,
I'll gladly change the setup.

In fact, Jan and I discussed and agreed over the weekend that we
should change the way the FAQ and bug-management is done so that there
can be more user participation. In short

    If someone wants to work on the FAQ, please step up and help us
    out.