Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?
Date: 15 Sep 2000 23:21:46 -0000

> address@hidden writes:
> > There there seems to be a problem with defining context's. The input
> > file below will return a warning message "can't find or create
> > `CueVoice' called `'", which initially led me to think there was a
> > problem with the syntax or the way I was using it, or some other thing
> > having to do with CueVoice. However, the warning is caused by:
> >

> >    \translator{
> >      \StaffContext
> >      \remove "Time_signature_engraver";
>
> you're overwriting the previous value of staff context. Try
>
>        \translator {
>                    \StaffContext
>                    \remove  "Time_signature_engraver";
>                    \accepts CueVoice;
>        }
> --

I'm aware that one can do that, but this makes user defined contexts
much less useful because they aren't modular enough. I would likely
put a few of these into a lily header file, or use someone else's
header file. That's why I called it a bug. I didn't file it on the bug
list, because I'm aware that you might not agree with me :-)

However, I hope I can persuade you...

sdb