Re: GUI for LilyPond !

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GUI for LilyPond !
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:11:45 +0200

On Sunday, 15 October 2000, address@hidden writes:

> I am writing to you because I want to write a GUI for transposing LilyPond
> text files.

Reading LilyPond text files is unfortunately next to impossible without
the LilyPond engine, but

> I wondered if there allready exist something like that for LilyPond, and if
> so, where I can find it so I can check out how it is done etc.

You should check out Denemo http://denemo.sourceforge.net, which
reads a simple subset of mudela.  Adding a transposing feature
to Denemo should be feasible.

> I am also looking for the Regular Expressions of Mudela, how the language
> is structured, as I probably am going to need it for my project.
> Does anybody know where to find that !?

I think you mean you want to see the grammar of mudela, which is in
lily/parser.yy.

Greetings,
Jan.