Re: comment on the LilyPond documantation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: comment on the LilyPond documantation
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:37:24 +0200

> address@hidden writes:
> > Now, Mup is shareware, so in order to make money they have have a clean
> > docu. But I really feel this is something important that needs attention
> > for Lily to reach out to "the people". Needless to say, I'd much prefer to
> > do my work in Lily, since it's open source and have much more elegant
> > code.
> >
> > Comments????
>
> Yes: why don't you try to figure out how Lily works, and write the
> documentation yourself. Other will love you for it.

Seriously, it's a well-known problem and for several reasons,
the plan is that someone else than the main authors (Han-Wen
and Jan) do the bulk of the job. I myself am interested in
updating the documentation and have started thinking on how
to improve the structure and presentation. However, at the
moment, I'm too busy with other things.

    /Mats