mode specification

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: mode specification
Date: 23 Oct 2000 12:06:08 -0400

The attached file illustrates some behavior which I consider a bug,
but obviously someone put enough work into making it do that that they
must have thought it was a feature.

I would expect all the following key statements to produce the same
printout:

c \major;
d \dorian;
g \mixolydian;
a \minor;

which they do. I would also expect all of these to produce the
same printout:

f \major;
g \dorian;
c \mixolydian;
d \minor;

But they don't.  The major and minor modes are printed as I expect,
with one flat in the key signature, but the dorian and mixolydian
modes are printed without a key signature, and with accidentals on all
the B's.

If this is a desirable feature for someone, is there a way for those
of us who want g \dorian to have a key signature with one flat to get
that (short of saying that all our g dorian tunes are in f major)?

Laura (mailto:address@hidden , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)