Win32 compiling

From: Shamus
Subject: Win32 compiling
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:09:24 -0700

I know that there are people who have successfully compiled lily on a
windows box (95, 98, NT, whatever) but it seems they don't want to divulge
how they do it.  I'm pretty sure that Jan cross-compiles on his Linux box
which is completely different from compiling in that hateful cygnus
environment...  The only other person who I know for sure has been
successful in compiling lily on a windows box is Jeff Reed, and he hasn't
responded to any emails that I've sent him.

So, once again, has *anyone* successfully compiled lily on a *windows* box?
If so, what steps did you take to get it to compile?  I'm not a newbie when
it comes to building projects from source code or compiling on different
OS's, and I've written a fair share of code myself over the last eighteen
years...  Anyone?

Side note to Jan:  Does lily require any new environmental variables in
order to find its .tfm files?  It seems that 1.3.88 was the last version to
respond the environmental variables that I set up for it (i.e., lily insists
on making .tfm files for the feta fonts which she presumably knows
about!)...  Also, mktextfm doesn't seem to do anything useful other than
cause my printer to spit out page after page of random garbage.

So, I guess what I'm saying here is H E L P!

-- Shamus