Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32

From: janneke
Subject: Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32
Date: 27 Oct 2000 15:49:08 +0200

"James Hammons" <address@hidden> writes:

> > Well, you have access to the cygwin installer?  I had a look at it,
> > but decided not do make the effort of adding or adapting it for
> > lilypond.  It's in the cygwin cvs tree.
>
> Hmm.  I'll have to take a look.

> > We can distribute the collection of scripts in a setup.zip and maybe
> > also have an upgrade.zip?  The toplevel entry into the install.sh
> > could be a batch file that states something like: ``install cygwin or be
> > on your own.  See readme.text''
>
> That would be fine.  Those who want to strike out on their own/have a
> compact install would have at least a little bit of guidance as to what to
> do and why.  They just might be able to contribute something useful to the
> project as well.  ;-)

I've fixed some little bugs in the scripts, and put up a *test* version
package, lily-install-0.1:

    http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/tar/
    http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/src/releases/     (src)

Maybe (some of) you can have a go with that as a starting point,
and see if that helps.

Greetings,

Jan.