Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32

From: janneke
Subject: Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32
Date: 24 Oct 2000 23:31:40 +0200

"James Hammons" <address@hidden> writes:

> > Arg.
> > No no no.  *Don't* do this, we'll get all kinds of different bug reports.
>
> Err, maybe for the stable release?  This is (mostly) how JBR packages his NT
> installs (& the reason I like to do it this way is that it keeps things
> *very* simple)...

Moving stuff around is not making it any simpler.
All stuff (guile, tetex helper, lilypond) is configured to live in,
and find other stuff in /Cygwin/usr/bin, /Cygwin/usr/share/... etc.

ALso, the lilypond tarballs have lilypond configured for, and installed in

   /Cygwin/usr/lilypond-x.y.z/bin,share

etc., so that you can easily install, remove and have different
versions alongside eachother (because you windows folk don't have a
decent package manager).

> Is it?  Doesn't that tell configure (or make) what the type of processor to
> optimize for?  If so, then having such a high processor requirement will
> leave lily useless for a lot of people (personally, I have an i586 at
> home)...

Trust me.
:-)

Greetings,