Re: Another incipit-related question

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Another incipit-related question
Date: 29 Oct 2000 17:49:46 -0500

    Mats> They are not implemented at the moment.
    Mats> Do you have some good reference (preferably on-line)
    Mats> which shows the layout?

I have the facsimiles of Morley and Dowland that I'm typesetting from.
My edition of the Morley Canzonets for two voices used scans of the
facsimile instead of incipits, so the online file
http://localhost/lconrad/homepage/music/morley/2v/can2v-src.zip has a
bunch of the C clefs. That book doesn't have any F clefs,  but there's
a G clef that I scanned in at
http://localhost/lconrad/homepage/pictures/morley-fac.gif.

    Mats> If we add an old-style C clef, I guess we should also have
    Mats> the corresponding G and F clefs as well.

I approve of that, but London Pro Musica doesn't bother.  Actually,
their C clef doesn't look that much like Morley's either, but it isn't
obviously nineteenth century like the curvy one.

    Mats> If you learn Metafont, you can add the symbols yourself,
    Mats> otherwise you'll have to wait for me or someone else to get
    Mats> time to do it (I already have a list of other baroque music
    Mats> related symbols to add).

I can put learning metafont on my list, but it's a pretty long list.
But the publishing stuff is percolating to the top pretty often these
days.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139