Re: two slur beginning on a same note

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: two slur beginning on a same note
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:29:15 +0100

> > OK! However, I'm certain that sooner or later you'll find some
> > composer who has used three or more simultaneous ``slurs''
>
> Hmm, you're probably right.  With the current code, it should be
> fairly easy to add a property allowSimultaneousSlurs.  We should add
> that, (along with allowSimultaneousPhrasingSlurs), and fix the (())
> matching bug.

Sorry to be picky about this, but what's the point to forbid
the feature if we will support it anyway? It will only
generate extra questions on this list from people who didn't
read every single line of the documentation. No harm is done
if they happen to use nested slurs instead of a phrasing slur.
On the contrary, a feature that is turned off by default is
more likely to be broken by mistake in some future Lilypond
update.

    /Mats