lilypond to pdf

From: Matthias Loitsch
Subject: lilypond to pdf
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:13:44 +0100

Mister,

I converted my .ly file to a .dvi file and the result is pretty good.
but when I tried to convert the .dvi file to .pdf (with dvipdf) or first the
.dvi to .ps (with dvips) and then the .ps file to .pdf (ps2pdf) , the quality
of the .pdf files is really not acceptable.

so I tried 'dvipdfm' which works really good but the beams aren't visible.
I get the following message : 'Unrecognized special ignored'

Any help is appreciated. Perhaps you use other programs to convert?

Thanks!

 --
Matthias Loitsch
enyo vel cora