Re: papersize

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: papersize
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:21:35 +0200

> I'm trying to get lily to produce letter size pages, and I've tried
> running:
>
> ly2dvi --set=papersize="letter" file.ly
>
> and it still seems to produce A4, although there are no error
> messages.  Am I doing it wrong, or is it a bug in 1.3.145?

Please note that this command should produce a dvi file
with the page layout suited for letter size papers.
You still have to tell dvips explicitly that you want
a non-default paper size by 'dvips -t letter' (another
possibility is to let ly2dvi call dvips: 'ly2dvi -P --set=...'.

This is exactly the same procedure as for any LaTeX document,
but is a bit confusing at first.

     /Mats