Re: papersize

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: papersize
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 23:04:53 +0200

> However, if I just have `papersize = "letter"' at the top of my file,
> running "ly2dvi -P" generated postscript using the following dvips
> command:
>
>   %DVIPSCommandLine: dvips -o ly2dvi.out.ps ly2dvi.out.dvi
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Since papersize is a "paper variable", it has to be set within
a \paper{...} section, for example at the top of the file:
\paper{papersize="letter";}

> On the same note, "-P" in 1.3.145 seems to behave differently than in
> 1.3.124.  For some reason, ly2dvi -P now is calling metafont to
> regenerate all the fonts on each invocation.  If I call dvips
> manually, the fonts aren't regenerated each time.  Bug?  Or
> misconfiguration on my part?

It doesn't happen here! Check in the log printouts at which
location the generated files are placed. It might give a clue.
ly2dvi does set some environment variables to be on the safe
side, but maybe it gives some undesired results for you.

   /Mats