Re: Gnu-music-discuss digest, Vol 1 #247 - 8 msgs

From: Tim Jones
Subject: Re: Gnu-music-discuss digest, Vol 1 #247 - 8 msgs
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:30:14 -0400

Hello, all....

I'm new to lilypond, but have played instrumental/classical/brass music
for nearly twenty years, and am now the brass instructor for a small
drum and bugle corp in Tampa, Florida, US called Tampa Bay Brass.
(http://www.tampabaybrass.com).

The group had no sheet music so I starting arranging some of my favorite
pieces in four-part harmony (soprano, mellophone, baritone and contrabass,
all reading treble clef - apparently that's the convention amongst
drum corps).  I started out doing this on paper, but for the last month,
I have done it with lilypond.

I use denemo to input the notes, timidity to play the songs (I don't have a
midi card yet).

My problem is I can't figure out to put simple TEXT TITLES on the top of each
page.
All I want is "NAME OF PIECE" centered on the top of each page, plus maybe
a page number in the corner (but at the top is fine too).

I realize this is probably more of a TeX question, but I'm totally at a loss
here,
and I hope someone can just rattle it off real quick...

I'm including my file below (minus most of the actual notes to save space)...

% Mudela file generated by Denemo version 0.5.5

% http://www.gnu.org/software/denemo/denemo.html

\header{
        title = "";
        subtitle = "";
        composer = "";
}

\include "paper16.ly"
Soprano = \notes \context Voice = $Soprano {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        \time 4/4;
        \key g \minor;
        \clef treble;
        d''4 g'' d'' g'' |
        d''8 g''4 d''8 r2 |
        d''8 cis'' d'' c'' ~ c'' b' c'' b' |
        bes'4. ~ g'8 ~ g'4 r |
        \bar "|.";
}
Alto = \notes \context Voice = $Alto {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        \time 4/4;
        \key g \minor;
        \clef treble;
        r4 bes' r bes' |
        r bes' r bes' |
        r bes' r bes' |
        r bes' r bes' |
        \bar "|.";
}
Baritone = \notes \context Voice = $Baritone {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        \time 4/4;
        \key g \minor;
        \clef "G_8";
        r4 d' r d' |
        r d' r d' |
        r d' r d' |
        r d' r d' |
        \bar "|.";
}
Bass = \notes \context Voice = $Bass {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        \time 4/4;
        \key g \minor;
        \clef "G_8";
        g4 r d' r |
        g r d' r |
        g r d' r |
        g r d' r |
        \bar "|.";
}

SopranoStaff = \context Staff = SopranoStaff <
        \Soprano

AltoStaff = \context Staff = AltoStaff <
        \Alto

BaritoneStaff = \context Staff = BaritoneStaff <
        \Baritone

BassStaff = \context Staff = BassStaff <
        \Bass

\score {
        <
                \SopranoStaff
                \AltoStaff
                \BaritoneStaff
                \BassStaff

        \paper {
        }
        \midi {
                \tempo 4 = 240;
        }
}

 Timothy Jones - LinuxTampa.com - 813-65-LINUX
Open Source Programming, Databases & Networking