gnu-search-hackers

Re: [Gnu-search-hackers] What to do first ? What to do next ?

From: Helios de Creisquer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-search-hackers] What to do first ? What to do next ?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:59:37 +0200

Hi !

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:03:03PM +0200, Cyril Bouthors wrote:
>       As Loic  proposed last week,  we need to install  the upgraded
> version of ht://dig  on fr.fsf.org for test purposes  since we are all
> already  involved  in  the  system  administration  of  this  specific
> machine. I've seen that Helios already installed htdig on his home dir
> at  france.fsfeurope.org[1]. He  even already  had time  to  crawl and
> index www.gnu.org. Is it working fine ? What version did you use ?

I used the htdig-3-2-x branch of the htdig module from sourceforge CVS
tree: cvs.htdig.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/htdig (at this time it was the
3.2.0b4 version).

All worked fine without problems for compilation, configuration and
running. I crawled and indexed www.gnu.org and france.fsfeurope.org
and the search is working fine on the two indexes.

It is possible to test the search on fr.fsf.org by running
a lynx on http://localhost:8888/ once logged.

>       Loic, I  know you  are working to  make Mifluz and  Htdig work
> together, can you tell us more about  your work ? What have to be done
> exactly ? Did you start ? How long will it take ?  What can we do ? Do
> we have  to create a specific  new task for the  gnu-search project on
> Savannah (I think yes) ?
>
>       Someone (maybe Helios) add a task about templates[2], nobody's
> assigned. Can you please tell us more ?
Yes, I added this task. In fact it's about preparing the templates for
the france.fsfeurope.org and www.fsfeurope.org search facility, and
adapting the templates from www.gnu.org (if needed).

I have not yet my account on the gnu computer running the gnu search
facility, so I don't know yet the way all is made there.

I'll add a commentary on this task asap, it's effectively not very
decriptive now.

>       I think it's quite important to  have a vision of what we have
> done and what  we have to do. I'm certainly forgetting  a lot of tasks
> to be done but you can help. :)

Yes I agree with that. As for now, I am about to test the 'incremental'
indexation on the indexes already created, so it can be possible to NOT
reindex all pages at each indexation, but only thoses newer than the

Cheers,
--
Hélios    de    Creisquer
mail:   address@hidden