gnu-search-hackers

Re: [Gnu-search-hackers] What to do first ? What to do next ?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Gnu-search-hackers] What to do first ? What to do next ?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:38:59 +0200

 > I used the htdig-3-2-x branch of the htdig module from sourceforge CVS
 > tree: cvs.htdig.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/htdig (at this time it was the
 > 3.2.0b4 version).
 >
 > All worked fine without problems for compilation, configuration and
 > running. I crawled and indexed www.gnu.org and france.fsfeurope.org
 > and the search is working fine on the two indexes.

        I'd like to add that GNU mifluz is used by the htdig-3-2-x
branch, although the version is not too recent (6 month old). I was
supposed to work on the update last week. However the Debian packaging
of other software kept me busy more than I thought. I'll try to start
the merge next week but given the fact that I take 3 weeks holiday
(from 25 July to 13 August) I would not be on the fact that I can really
succeed :-}

 > I have not yet my account on the gnu computer running the gnu search
 > facility, so I don't know yet the way all is made there.

        I sent a mail to Paul Vischer to ask him if he had all the
information needed to create the account for you. Hopefully he will have
time to create it soon. If not I will arrange an ssh account on gnudist
in the meantime to enable you to work on the upgrade.

 > Yes I agree with that. As for now, I am about to test the 'incremental'
 > indexation on the indexes already created, so it can be possible to NOT
 > reindex all pages at each indexation, but only thoses newer than the

        Although it may be desirable I would advise you not to explore
this territory now. This feature is rarely used and was not well tested
in 3.2. Exploring the current setup and parameters of the installed
htdig on gnudist will require quite a lot of attention, my guess is that
if you try to do both at the same time you'll run into troubles ;-)

        Cheers,