Re: Package format/management ramblingss

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Package format/management ramblingss
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:38:26 -0400

    > However, having some sort of per-user customizability might be nice
    > too.  Each user could have a package subdir of his home dir.

    Does this mean the user ``contributes'' packages to the system?
    Or does it mean the system looks different for each user, which accords
    to my idea?

I mean it could look different for each user.  My scheme didn't include
that, but that's what I think you are suggesting, and it seems like
a good idea.  Thanks.

    By the way:  I meanwhile heard about unionfs, which is probably what I
    considered.

My idea is that /bin will be something like unionfs.