Re: Package format/management ramblingss

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Package format/management ramblingss
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:44:52 +0200

   Perhaps it would be a good idea to study how unionfs works, perhaps
   there are some nice ideas we can use.

Indeed, and if Moritz Schultze could send me his notes about the
unionfs work for the Hurd then we would be one small step closer.

Moritz, could you send me those notes when the moon becomes purple?

   I don't think it is required to monitor changes within the
   packages...

Agreed, packages should be considered r/o; all modifications to a
package should be written to some "local" destination using some form
of version control.

Happy hacking!