Re: Comparing PackageFS and GNU PM

From: Luca Ferroni
Subject: Re: Comparing PackageFS and GNU PM
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:26:41 +0200

Il Mon, 27 Sep 2004 03:37:42 -0400,  Richard Stallman <address@hidden> ha
scritto:

> I wonder if you could redesign PackageFS so that it could
> effectively be turned into the GNU package manager.

PackageFS can be modified to act as easier (and maybe powerful)
interface to /packages.
But it does not affect in the / translator.
This latter has to be implemented anyway in order to show in
/bin the files that PackageFS put into /packages/*/bin
and so on.

If you see any other way of improving GNU PM with PackageFS,
please tell me. I'll be pleased to implement it in my spare time.

Thanks
Luca