Re: GNU Packaging

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Packaging
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:08:58 -0400

    CVS would be a massive waste of space and energy to use for this.
    If anything, I was thinking about possibly putting GNU arch on Savannah.

I don't know if that is likely to happen soon.  So I suggest using
ftp.gnu.org for released packages.  The savannah package would be
for web pages, mailing lists, and any source code and other files
that you develop specifically for this purpose.