Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:09:09 -0400

    > It would be unethical for me to tell you where you can get hold of a
    > non-free system like UNIX (atleast, newer releases of UNIX).

    That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard on this list,
    or, in fact, on any discussion about free software.

In general, it's wrong to tell people where to get non-free software
if they actually want to get it and use it.

It could be that you have no interest in doing that.  If we could be
sure that telling you where such things are distribited from would not
lead to the use of them, there would be no harm in telling you.

The only obstacle to that is that we just don't know you very well.
Not yet.