Fwd: Status

From: Josiah Worcester
Subject: Fwd: Status
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:23:45 -0600

Argh. Only got sent to AMS, not system-discuss.
From: Josiah Worcester <address@hidden>
Date: May 24, 2006 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: Status
To: address@hidden

On 5/24/06, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey,

so things have been quiet around here... Feel free to blame that on
me, I'm trying to get back on track with this now.

As things stand now, stowfs is our major hurdle before things are even
barley usable for anything.  Lots of small issues need to be fixed to
get stowfs working on boot; it seems that it wasn't as easy as we
imaged it would be.  Sadly, I don't remeber the details, so if anyone
has a box to try getting stowfs working on boot that would be
wonderful (I don't have one)

Second, Michael J. Flickinger was working on the Installer, no idea
what the status of that is right now.  Michael, care to comment?

Thirdly, Praveen A. had some ideas concerning the package
manager/format/etc, speak up!  This really applies to all the hackers
in India, don't sit so quiet in your corners...

I won't be able to do much right now code wise due to the lack of a
machine which I can use for hacking.

Happy hacking!