Re: Status

From: प्रव ीण् ए (Praveen A)
Subject: Re: Status
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 18:28:04 +0530

2006/5/25, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden>:

Thirdly, Praveen A. had some ideas concerning the package
manager/format/etc, speak up!  This really applies to all the hackers
in India, don't sit so quiet in your corners...
Hi,
 I have noted down some of the details regarding the idea to implement the functionality of apt-get as a filesystem exploiting the flexibility Hurd provide to implement filesystems here.

http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/UniversalPackageManager

Current idea is to use stowfs to implement package management. Stowfs tries to implement the role of dpkg in the filesystems, we may even use stowfs internally in the universal packagemanager (or whatever the name we come up).

Many of the details we need to discuss as it is not clear fully.

Looking forward to your comments

Happy Hacking
Praveen

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."