Re: What to call Guix

From: Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:16:08 +0100

address@hidden (Aurélien DESBRIÈRES) writes:

> hellekin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 01/19/2015 05:12 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

>>> I fully support it!  (Specifically, “Guix System Distribution.”)
>>>
>> *** I must say I like the poke at BSD.  Please keep up the spirit and
>> don't come with a spooky logo: GeiS'D ain't BiaS'D. :)
>>
>> ==
>> hk
>>

> This will kill other free distro.
>
> Which mean it could hurt the GNU code participation system by reducing
> distro effort.
>
> Then if this team is the only one to exist, other team coders could go
> away (where could be a question)
>
> Guix, is *just* another free distro, it must not be considered as
> something as "the GNU distro".
>
> You are all very intelligent, more than me without doubt, so, I can just
> asked like M-x doctor do, what is your plan on something you understand
> as well as me the bad effect it could have on the GNU free distro panel
> and by the way the GNU Dream?
>

> --
> Aurelien Desbrieres
>
> It is not because Free is about Free Speach that you have to sell your
> soul.

Just a point.

Before Parabola have been launch, It have been says that it will use the
GNU servers.

Then it does not. (that is not a trouble, and that could be
understandable for many reason)

Guix use the GNU server as a *software* project.

Now, Guix change of form from *software* to the wish to become a free
Distro, (the One).

Guix have something too much malicious.

Guix the worm distro??

--