[open-cobol-list] two more things

From: Frank Swarbrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] two more things
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 06:21:18 -0600

1) I found Sergey's project to build the Win32 version of OC. Not sure how I didn't see it before! I can't get it to build, though. I unzipped the tarball to C:\open-cobol-0.33 and the project folder to C:\opencobol-win-projects, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get the project to realize where the source code is.

2) I've noticed that OC's "program-id" names are case sensitive. ie, if I have "program-id. lower." and "call 'LOWER'" it does not work. I must do "call 'lower'". I believe this is contrary to the COBOL standard. If case sensitive names are needed one should do something like "program-id. lower as 'lower'". Is the way this is working intentional?

Frank