Re: [open-cobol-list] Postgres

From: Gerald Chudyk
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Postgres
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:06:13 -0700

COBOL can create a comma separated list of field values, with tags
if necessary.  These can in turn be fed to an SQL program as
updates to fields. I did something like this many moons ago with C
as the intermediary and a mini-sql system invented by Mary Bochane
called MDBMS.

Or you might use the postgresql api for c and write cobol calls to
this same api. My blunt and short lived effort showed a 1:1 conversion
of c calls to cobol calls. My decision was to talk directly from
OpenCOBOL to the postresql api and avoid writing/using any middleware.
Of course the project was shelved until further notice, so there may
be some gottcha's that I have yet to find.

Gerald