Re: [open-cobol-list] inconsistence of the delivery package "open cobol<

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] inconsistence of the delivery package "open cobol<>gnu cobol" .
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:31:09 -0500

Hi Gilles

You have caught the project in a bad spot. Things will be on track soon.

This is a snippet from one of Brian's recent :

"Just as GNU accepted OpenCOBOL as a project, I pulled the plug on pre-releasing the pent up 2.0 source tree.  That caused a splintering, more like a shattering, of previously focused OpenCOBOL releases.  We still haven't even really stabilized the official GNU release, as I jumped the gun on Simon and packaged a work-in-progress tree of 1.1CE, not a frozen and polished work.  Simon has been dealing with the chaos ever since. "

So I am guessing that it would be better to just stick to the older 1.1 for now, it's quite stable.

-Patrick