Re: [open-cobol-list] inconsistence of the delivery package "open cobol<

From: Vincent Coen
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] inconsistence of the delivery package "open cobol<>gnu cobol" .
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:05:15 +0000

Not sure what you mean by last version but the latest version is v2.1 - with RWCS (Report Writer) add-on.

This I have been using since before xmas and other than the rwcs element it is more or less the same as v2.0.

These versions can be found by going to http://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/code/HEAD/tree/branches/
and selecting:

gnu-cobol-2.0  or
:
reportwriter

then selecting 'Download Snapshot' from the lower menu bar.and is the
recommended way of getting the current source code

Note that grabbing  code using the '
Read Only access' bar does NOT work as it points to the trunk area and not the branches area.

I should point out that before I switched to the 'ReportWriter' version I have been using v2.0 for over two years with my ACAS system of 60+ programs/modules with no problems/issues.

Vince