gnue

Comments on the HR Draft

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Comments on the HR Draft
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:06:27 -0600 (CST)

I made some 'grammatical' comments in IRC to neilt about the HR proposal
that he was going to incorporate, since he is not around today in irc, I
figure will make the technical ones via email.... :)

All comments are about section 2.1.7 Business Object Definitions...

class hire: (i dont know if this is the best name for this class)
all xxxxx_codes should really be codes that point to lookup classes like
status.  About what about people that come back, this is good question, I think
we might want a rehire date or break the hiring portion out so it can
be 'revolving thing'.

class contract:
I keep seeing reference to 'posts' what is this?  Like title? Postion?...
As far as contract details and jobcode/title there is a LOT more to it,
but I think maybe that is teh posts module?

class former_emp:
Since you are capturing this data, do you want to include pay information
from last job?  And would you limit this to a single former employer?  or
during the hire process would you catalog all the data during reference
checking?  If so would you want to list who you talked to at that company
and when and what they had to say about the employee. (i realize that this
might be a separate module like 'recruiting' or something)  Just throwing
out the idea...

** note on things like relationship/status etc... It might be better to
list them after the class that uses them, because I thought wtf are these
sitting out here all alone for, until I saw them referenced in another
class.  That or make better comments for them. :)

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise