gnue

Re: Comments on the HR Draft

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: Comments on the HR Draft
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:52:20 -0700

It does not eliminate the need for correct order. Before you can reference something, you have to define what it is.

I was in the processing of removing this from the old parser, I hope
we  can do the same for the new parser.  I have some circular
references where it is impossible to do this for references and lists. See the HR gcd for an example.

We will be able to do this.
However, I would guess that most of the circular references are merely a workaround for missing features in the geas interface, for example for the missing possibility to find out for a given object, which list it is a member of.

My major point was to avoid confusion, regardless of processing order, if we just put in the comments what classes used it, perhaps that would be sufficient.

ex:

 #--------------------------------------------
 # desc: status of employee
 # used by: employee
 # defaults: temporary, contract, permanent
 class status
 {
   char   desc<25>;
 };

In fact, if we made these type of headers 'standard', we could then create a doc tool, that built 'docs' off a gcd, that had links to what is used by what, etc etc etc...

Derek Neighbors