gnue

Re: Installing on Mandrake?

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: Installing on Mandrake?
Date: 12 Aug 2002 11:19:09 -0700

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 11:06, Ryan Grange wrote:
> I've noticed the definite Debian slant in all the installation instructions.
> I think I'm close to having this system configured to run on a Mandrake
> system, but could use guidance in determining what I may be missing and what
> RPMs might have accomplished what I ended up using tarballs to acieve.
> (After all the whole point behind rpms and debs is ease of maintainence.  If
> I wanted tarballs, I would have kept my Gentoo install to try this on.)

Most of the developers do use Debian (after all we are a GNU project).
However, we take documentation from people using other distributions,
for example there is a getting started guide for Red Hat 7.2 I think. We
have a few folks that use Mandrake so I know that it works on Mandrake.

In general what you need.

Python >= 2.x
wxPython(wxGTK) >= 2.x
mxDateTime (reasonably current version)

A database (pick from many more than likely postgres or mysql comes with
Mandrake)
pythondriver for chosen database

That should be about it as far as dependencies go.  We do not have rpms
for GNUe yet but we take patches.  All dependencies should not only be
available via RPM but should be included on the Mandrake and Red Hat
distribution CDs.

-Derek