gnue

Re: [GNUe] Questions about Win 32 setup files for GNUe-Tools-0.5.1

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Questions about Win 32 setup files for GNUe-Tools-0.5.1
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:54:13 -0500

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:44:49 +0200 (CEST)
"Daniel Karstrom" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed the new version of GNUe-Tools and I like what I see!

Cool.

> 3. Do you have any plans for Designer that when you create textfields
> it automaticly results in new columns in a database?

This has never come up before. I'll add it to my feature request list, but
I have a lot of other things to fix before I could do that.

> 4. A new 'object' numeric field for forms?

I'm bot sure what you mean here.

> 5. User rights - it would simplify if you also administrated
> priviligdes (user rights) from Designer, some users shall see a
> field and the others not

We are looking into role-based ACLs, but this requires support in the GNUe
tools before designer can support it.

> 6. Adapt Desigher for creating the logic - I believe the "triggers"
> can be created via a GUI where you design run if statements
> and triggers (OnButtonPressed etc).

Designer is very modular, so new plugins are easy to create. I've never
considered such a logic GUI, but it surely could be done.

> 7. An escallation server, a kind of service that executes defined tasks
> like calculating, notifing, run external programs, set values

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but if you are refering to task
lists for the user, GNUe Navigator will be our primary vehicle for that.

> 8. Is, will GNUe be multiprocessing? To be able to configure a number
> of servers that handles user requests.

I imagine GNUe App Server will support this over time.

--
Jason Cater
GNU Enterprise