gnue

Re: [GNUe] Is There Tool for Command Line ODBC Interface

From: Peter Sullivan
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Is There Tool for Command Line ODBC Interface
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:04:59 +0100

In article <address@hidden>, Art
Povelones <address@hidden> writes
>Sorry for asking the question like this, in reference to MKS toolkit...
>
>I use the MKS Toolkit "db" command a lot to submit SQL.
>
>Is there a gnu equivalent to do SQL in "batch" mode? (sh, ksh, bash,
>etc.  I don't mean Windows "command.")

GNUe Common, which all the other GNUe tools use to provide database
access (amongst much else, like XML parsing, RPC support) can be used
outside of GNUe in the way you suggest - in fact, several of the core
GNUe developers claim that most of their projects these days start with
GNUe Common - the "Swiss Army Knife" of GNUe.(*1)

See "Using GNUe Common in other projects" at
http://kt.tux.org/GNUe/gnue20021228_61.html#3
and
"Character-only (curses) User Interface for Forms"
http://kt.tux.org/GNUe/gnue20030809_93.html#6

(*1) Bags I get to write the "GGettingStonesOutOfHorsesHooves()
module...
--
Peter Sullivan