gnue

Re: [GNUe] Role based authorization

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Role based authorization
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:36:41 -0700

Dick,

When I did an application recently that needed some "role based" type
structure.  I created a database for access permissions.  Then I
dynamically generated static navigator xml files for use.  For example I
had a 100 departments.  Each one only needed their own data.  So I
created a navigator template that used a passed variable for department
number to be used in all the queries for the forms.  I then wrote a
python program to dynamically create a static navigator file for each
user.  The ultimate plan was to use an xml stream.  So when you login it
would dynamically create your navigator trees based on your
permissions.  Sadly my boss was replaced by an MS overlord and we are
now having to use .NET so I never got all the way to the plan. : )

-Derek