[gnugo-devel] Re: Regression view

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: Regression view
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:36:00 -0400

Thanks for all the input on the HTML regression view.

The top_move bugs are biting me, so I've made that functionality
optional, and am re-running the tests now, hopefully getting consistent
results w/ "make all_batches".  Note that on life.tst, I do not pass
the "--life" parameter, and I believe that causes a few FAILS and PASSES.

Glad to hear that performance is acceptable from everywhere!

I'll work on the colors next week to see if we can come to terms
w/ something everyone likes.  Making the board edges appear correctly
is in the works, and will happen since performance is not an issue.
I will definitely work on marking the incorrect and correct intersections,
probably with a colored square just around any text.  Red for GG's wrong
move, green for each of the possible correct moves.

Inge said:
>3. The figures are a bit difficult to read.  See cgoban for an example
>   of how it could look.
I've not had much luck w/ cgoban - perhaps you could send me some
screenshot examples of what you'd like better?  (no need to spam the list).

Dan said:
>Combining the dragon status board with the position diagram seems
>to be hard to read. For example the blue on white is very hard to see.
I'll definitely work on the color scheme, but I really like having
all the info crammed onto one board.

-Trevor