Re: [gnugo-devel] The visualized regression failures

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] The visualized regression failures
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:05:45 -0400

At 09:01 AM 10/12/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>First, I'd like to agree with Dans comment on the Gnu Go development
>page: They are super cool.
Great!

>Then I'd like to report a bug.  Look at the test dniwog number 6.
>Compare the graphical diagram and the owl status diagram.  Pay special
>attention to the area around F4.  They are not the same!
Yikes!  The owl board isn't showing any of the marked spaces at all.
Rather than fix the current regress.pl, my plan is to output the
results of a regression run to XML.  Then, the web-pages will parse
the XML files to display the results.  This will much more easily
allow different snapshots of the data, such as collating by severity,
etc.  It'll take me a little while to implement that change, so beware
of the owl display 'til then.  Thanks for the bug report!

>Then I would also like to have another color for the wrong move that
>Gnu Go makes.  The green squares indicating the correct moves are OK,
>but the red square is almost impossible to see against the brown
>background, at least on my screen.  Could you perhaps use some
>brighter color instead, like yellow?
OK - I'll give that a try.  Give me 'til 3.1.10 to run the regressions
again, though.

-Trevor