Re: [gnugo-devel] Terrible move

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Terrible move
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:58:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 06:06:40PM +0100, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
> > In other words, if black plays first White's alive.  If white plays
> > first, he's dead.    Yikes.
>
> This is an unfortunate effect of some complex interactions between the
> tactical reading, the owl reading, and the eyespace analysis.

At least we have a way to identify such anomalies, that is a start.

In cases of serious bugs, we ask people to send us the game record and other
stuff. Could we define a lower priority case, where the game goes on, but we
write in a file when things like this happen, and ask them to mail those to
us. Pipe those mails into a little script, and we have fresh new test cases
coming in... This mechanism could be used in other situations as well, when
ever we can recognize a funny situation. It might be optional, so that
people can turn it off if they do not want to help us...

Just a wild idea for discussion, not even sure if it would help any...

-H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>