Re: [gnugo-devel] Recent games

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Recent games
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:24:15 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Daniel Bump wrote:

> Could you give us a preview of what you intend to do with
> the influence code?

I think the code is now ready, and I will send a patch once the regressions
are done.

I am still dissatisfied with the influence behaviour in the fuseki,
especially with regards to contact fights. Hanes, connections in reply to
peeps (both on iken tobis or keimas), shutting in and breaking through are
all drastically undervalued. This asks for trouble often.
A systematic cure for this is probably for post-3.2, but maybe some more
workarounds for frequent cases (similar to Dan's recent nngs1 tuning) could
be useful.

It appears I am the only one still working on the engine, so the feature
freeze seems called for. I would like to do a little more systematic
influence tuning, adjusting some iparameters, but that should not be
dangerous. It will just take a few regression runs...

Arend