Re: [gnugo-devel] attack5

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] attack5
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:08:08 +0100 (MET)

Evan wrote:
> I tried implementing a simple attack5 reading function to see what
> happens, and results look reasonably promising.

This is interesting for a slightly devious reason.  :-)

Almost(?) all programs assume that if a group can achieve 5 liberties,
then this is the same as a failed attack.  If we play at tournaments,
maybe GNU Go would get a real advantage over the other programs if we
don't assume the same as the other programs.

When GNU Go played in Maastricht, thinking time was not a problem,
especially not when we used GMP over a serial cable.

        -Inge