Re: [gnugo-devel] paul_3_13.5.gz

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] paul_3_13.5.gz
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:58:13 -0800

> > if no one has any objections, i think we can safely add the patch
> > to cvs. it doesn't break anything in regression, so it must be
> > bug-free. and i already know how to make it faster than the
> > current implementation (even without much work). it might in
> > principal break some parts of code which are not used currently
> > (like tree pattern matcher) but they will be easy to fix as soon
> > as anybody ressurect them.
>
> I would not necessarily say that something is not in use
> if it is not configured by default.
>
> This patch breaks compilation after configure --enable-oracle.
>
> I think the following bit should take care of that. Let me
> know if it looks incorrect.
>
> It also breaks --enable-experimental-reading I haven't tried
> to fix that.

I suppose Trevor might have an opinion about this.

Shall we add the patch now then fix the experimental reading
afterwards?

What I'm unclear about is where the anchor comes from if there
is no anchor. However after the modification to oracle.c posted
in my previous message, the oracle pattern matching function
seems to work.

The experimental reading might not be too hard to fix. However
I'm not going to be able to work on it today.