Re: [gnugo-devel] using MPI for gnugo.

From: Petri Pitkanen
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] using MPI for gnugo.
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:14:44 +0200

This would not be trivial.

MFG uses MFG knowledge to make MCTS smarter. I do doubt that this is
simple. I think it took him about six months. In collaborated effort
this  could easily take quite bit longer. Also since details of how
are not known it would mean that several people try different
approaches to solve this and only after a a while a plan can be
formulated. Very interesting and very challenging task.

Sure this will have to be done one day if Gnu is to be kept as the
strongest open source go-engine.

Petri