Re: no more @target ?

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: no more @target ?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:44:17 +0200

On 4/14/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Davi Leal wrote:
> OK. We will not use @target. We can use what you have advised.

target="_top"

  I thought it was good too to prevent some browsers opening a
  new window or tab when you click on a link.

However, I think the default behaviour on all browser is open a link in the
same window and in the same tab.  Isn't it?.

AFAIK, the only thing it does is tell the browser where to "put" the contents found at the URL - It can refer to the name of a frame ( e.g., target="main") or one of the special values - _new (opens a new browser window, unless overridden by e.g. TargetKiller), _top (replace the whole frameset with the URL contents), _self (replace only this frame), and possibly others as well. I believe the default behavior when there is no @target is the same as using _self.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound