Re: Offers management -- critical bug fixed

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Offers management -- critical bug fixed
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:47:50 +0200

MJ Ray wrote:
> IIRC, automatic submit on change is poor accessibility, because it
> hinders people who cannot change list drop-downs reliably, sending
> unnecessary events to the server.  See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#directly-accessible-scripts
> for a related point.

You are right.

> Using Javascript to grey out the [Save] when the selection is
> unchanged may be a better use of it.
>
> Comments?

What about adding a common [Save] button, which saves all changes at once? See
screenshot [1]. So we get:

  * only one hit at the server, not one for each candidate.

  * It follows the same design pattern used at other gnuherds pages, that
    is to say, save-action at page bottom.

  [1] http://gnuherds.org/Manage_offer_applications.screenshot.png

This would take me some of the spare time of this weekend.  In the while you
could use the re-enabled On-Change JavaScript to modify the applications
states if you need it.