Re: webapp usability -- The HTTPS security certificate

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: webapp usability -- The HTTPS security certificate
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:17:33 +0200

Matt Lee wrote:
> Also, you should fix your security certificate. The link in the email
> you sent me refused to open until I manually added an exception for your
> site.

The certificate seems to cost USD35/yr.  Joshua Ginsberg has told the FSF is
using http://certs.ipsca.com/ most recently.

Any disagreement to use "certs.ipsca.com"?

Is there anyone who want to contribute? Neal E. Coombes is already paying for
the gnuherds.org domain name.

The technical side: Maybe we should take into account how FireFox will manage
it [1].

  Firefox 3:  Site Identification button
    "The button can be one of three colors — gray, blue, or green ..."

  [1] http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/05/06/635/